1.06.2009

Happy Birthday Thomas!!



Thomas I hope that you have a wonderful birthday. Ben, Johnny, Natalie & I love you very much. I feel very lucky to have you in my life. I know that I have told you this before, but I always think of you when I hear one of my favorite songs and you also make me think of it. It pretty much sums up how I feel about you:

I was lost until you found me
You're the reason for my today
Was tempest tossed now I sleep soundly
Thanks to you I gladly say

Trust in me to share your burden
Stand by you where I belong
When life brings the day uncertain
I will soothe you with my song

Fear no flood in stormy weather
Fear no fire if winds arise
Flesh and blood I'm yours forever
And forever, never dies

I hope that wasn't too sappy for you, but it's true. I love you - you are my happiness!

4 comments:

Marguerite "Meganne" Grumbles said...

WOW-that is a great picture of you both! Happy Birthday Thomas! I hope you have a great day! Carolyn, that is such a sweet song!;)

Scott and Jen Driggs said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Thomas! Who is the author of that song? It sure is a wonderful way of expressing how you feel! Hope you both had a great day!

Merrell Family Blog said...

Don't laugh at me, but the song was written by Neil Diamond. I really like a lot of his lyrics - they are really beautiful.

Scott and Jen Driggs said...

I like Neil Diamond too...on that same note...Scott and I really like John Denver!!