Ben before the first day of school.
Natalie was watching him all morning. I think she was processing the fact that he was going to be going back to school.
Ben at his desk. He got to pick where he sat, so he sat next to his buddy Brandon. They were in kindergarten together and never got to be at the same table. As we were leaving, the tears began to flow. But they weren't from Ben or me ... they were from Natalie. She just started balling and saying my Ben, my Ben. It was so sad and so sweet all at the same time. I wasn't expecting her to react that way. She still tells everyone all day "Ben is at school!" she also asks me "Are we going to get Ben now?" She sure loves her big brother. Johnny, on the other hand was not in the least bit affected by Ben going back to school. I guess that isn't totally true, he has been in such a great mood lately - he is king of the castle once again!
No comments:
Post a Comment