6.22.2010

Berry Picking

We went berry picking on Saturday. It was so much fun! Ben, Johnny and Natalie have been wanting to go for awhile (both Caillou and Max and Ruby have gone berry picking, so why haven't we?). In fact, as we were picking the berries, Natalie informed me that she was Ruby, Johnny was Max, Ben was Morris, Daddy was Roger and Mommy, you can be Louise (all characters from the show).








Cooling off under a nice shade tree before our last round of picking.



We're done! We were pretty proud of all the berries we were able to pick!!


And here they are on the way home.
Natalie fell sound asleep.

Johnny fell sound asleep.

And Ben, he enjoyed a nice Slurpee!!


We had a great time and are planning to go back next year. We got up early and arrived right when they opened to try and avoid some of the heat. Thomas and I were sure that we would only stay around an hour and a half, over three hours later we were done. Time went by quickly and I was surprised that we were there that long. It was a wonderful experience and I am really proud of how well my kids were and what a terrific job they did picking the berries. Saturday night Thomas and I made three batches of jam and we still have tons of berries left.

2 comments:

Scott and Jen Driggs said...

How fun! What did you do with all of those berries?? I'm sure you made something yummy!

Merrell Family Blog said...

We made some jam, but we have tons of them in our freezer. I went to make some muffins and a coffee cake the other day, but I didn't have any eggs. So, I decided to freeze them. Hopefully, they will all get used. I would hate for them to go to waste.