1.11.2012

And the winner is.....

On December 7, 2011, Ben's scout troop held a space derby. Ben and Thomas worked really hard on Ben's rocket (several weekends and during Thanksgiving break). All their hard work paid off, because Ben blew everyone out of the water and won the derby.




Then, two days later, Ben had his school spelling bee. He had already won his class bee and now was competing against all the third graders in the school who had also won their class bee. I went to see it and it was very stressful to watch. You could just feel the tension and nervousness that filled the room. Ben sailed right through the words he was given and ended up winning the third grade spelling bee. I couldn't believe it. I had to hold back my tears I was so proud of him. Later that night he told me that it had been the best week of his life :)

1 comment:

Marguerite "Meganne" Grumbles said...

I teared up just reading this...this is so wonderful! Congratulations BEN! You are so special and wonderful! We are proud of you!!!