8.23.2010

The First Day of School



Everyone all ready (backpacks and new running shoes on) to take Ben to his first day of Second Grade.

Ben was REALLY excited about Second Grade because they get to have lockers.


Here Ben is all set at his desk with his new orange Dr. Seuss pencil his teacher gave him. Hard for me to believe that a new school year has already begun for him. He had a wonderful first day and really likes his teacher (who seems super nice) and the other children in his class. I am hopeful that this is going to be a great year for him!!

Johnny's first day of Preschool!! (Isn't he cute! He had to wear his Max's "Dragon Shirt" (from Max and Ruby) his first day, there was no persuading him otherwise).


I don't know which is bigger Johnny or his backpack. He had to get the same orange backpack that Ben got.


He was too excited here, he looked up at me and said "look, momma I get to use a pen, this pen is for me, I can use it!!" That is something I normally do NOT let him do at home. Preschool seems to have gotten off on the right start. He likes it and says he wants to go back and Johnny would let me know if he felt differently.

Poor Natalie, she was sooooo jealous of her brothers today. We have been preparing her that she wasn't going to school this year, but got to have "girl time" with mom. She wasn't too happy with that, until today. As I was buckleing her up after dropping Johnny off at Preschool I asked her if she was ready for our "girl time" and she returned by exclaiming "YES...GIRL POWER!!!" and throwing her hands up in the air. We went to Toys 'R Us and got her a new princess bed/couch and a doll. She loved being by herself and having all the attention. I asked her if she was still sad about not going to school and she told me that she misses the "boys", but likes "girl time". Yeah, that's a relief.

Natalie with her new doll and getting to ride in Johnny's seat in the car. Oh, the little things that make her so happy, like riding in her brother's seat.



Natalie pretending to sleep with her cute new doll.

2 comments:

Scott and Jen Driggs said...

Looks like a great first day...busy, busy!!!

Marguerite "Meganne" Grumbles said...

Yeah, I am so glad everyone had a good first day! ;) Natalie looks very happy having "Girl Time" too. Girl Power!! ;)