7.05.2011

Ben's Baptism Day

I get a little choked-up thinking that it has already been 8 years since my little Ben wore this white outfit and now....
(Ben on his blessing day, he is almost 6 weeks old.  August 3, 2003.)

....he has worn this white outfit and has been baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Ben was baptized on Saturday, July 2, 2011 at the Allen Stake Center.  He was very excited that he was able to share this special day with his cousin Elizabeth.  It was a very special day for our entire family and I (and my family) feel so blessed that we were able to share the day with so many family members and close friends.

Ben and his Dad

Ben and Elizabeth

Ben with Grandma and Grandpa Grumbles

Ben with Nana and Grandaddy Merrell 

Our family on this special day.  Notice none of the kids would cooperate.  Is it too much to ask for one nice picture of everyone?

Charlotte, Elizabeth and Natalie waiting for it all to begin.

My handsome Ben after his baptism in his new suit.  Doesn't he look so grown-up?  I just love it!

We are some proud parents.

After the baptism my sister and I had a luncheon for family and a few friends.  Melissa was so gracious to host it in her beautiful home.  I can not thank you enough Melissa.  It was beautiful.  Here are some of the goodies I made for the celebration. 


Grandma and Grandpa gave Ben a special "Memories of My Baptism Book".  He loves it.  He has already started filling it out with his memories of his baptism.  Here is an excerpt from that:
I was baptized July 2, 2011.  I was really happy after I got baptized.  I felt and was happy.  I knew I made the right decision.  Did you know that my feet came out of the water like my grandaddy?  I loved getting baptized......The best part was doing it with my cousin Elizabeth.  I loved getting baptized and getting the Holy Ghost.

Nana and Grandaddy gave Ben a baptism book with their baptism memories and testimonies in it. What a special gift!

It was a beautiful, sunny day that was filled with beautiful memories!

2 comments:

Scott and Jen Driggs said...

Love the pictures of Ben as a baby...has it already been 8 years?? What a special day indeed. We were so happy to be there...and how wonderful for all of the children to see Ben make such a fantastic decision to be baptized!

Freckled Mom said...

yay! such happy times! looks like some yummy CTR treats.