This is the Sesame Street Pirate Show........
.......and this is Johnny's face the entire time he was watching it. He was just in awe of it all. He LOVED it!
That night, after we checked-in to the hotel and got cleaned up, we headed to LuLu's. I had seen it on Diners, Drive-In's and Dives and wanted to try one of their 3 pound cinnamon rolls. Let me just say, the restaurant was a dive. I don't think they have ever mopped that floor - it was super dirty, but it smelled like cinnamon. Here are some pictures of us with our dessert.
Doesn't it LOOK good, well it didn't taste too good. I was majorly disappointed. It was dry, yeasty tasting and just not what I was expecting. I was completely let down. I guess I've just been spoiled all my life with my mom's yummy cinnamon rolls. Hers win over this one easily.
Here we are the second day feeding the dolphins. I've always wanted to do this and I had a great time, not sure anyone else enjoyed it as much as I did.
This is Natalie next to a baby sea lion. There were a bunch of babies and Natalie just loved it. Johnny saw this one from across the way and said "look Momma, they even have a dead one". Nice, huh. We had to explain that it was just sleeping, he didn't seem to care. Natalie had to rush over to the other side to see it and have her picture taken next to it.
Fun at the Sesame Street splash park.
The third day there we went to the Alamo. As soon as we got there Ben and Johnny wanted to head straight to the gift shop. They weren't really interested in looking around - yet. Johnny kept saying "Where's the buy shop? Are we going to the buy shop now?".
So we did go to the "buy shop" and bought the boys play guns. While I was taking Natalie to the bathroom Thomas opened them. Not sure what he was thinking and if it was really politically correct, but the boys had a good time running around the Alamo grounds pretending to defend it.
Oh ya, and also everywhere else in downtown San Antonio. I finally had to tell Thomas that we better put them away before we get into trouble. Ben's is a cap gun and he wanted to fire it, not the best idea in an urban setting if you ask me.
On our way home we stopped by the state capital.
Johnny is looking at one of the pictures depicting a battle here (not unlike the pictures hanging in the government building in Parks and Rec, if you've seen that show).
Good times, good times. I love being able to spend this time, and make these memories, with my wonderful husband and three amazing kids. What a special time in our lives. It goes by so quick and I want to take advantage of every opportunity I have with them. They enjoy spending time with us now, not sure how long that will last - hopefully forever, but I'm sure there will be a time in the teenage years where it's not the case. Never could understand people who want to take vacations without their kids, they'll be gone soon enough living their own lives. Luckily for me, I married an amazing man who feels the same way.







1 comment:
Looks like a great time!!
Post a Comment